What is RAMS?
RAMS (the Records & Archives Management System) is the University’s corporate recordkeeping system.
RAMS is where you capture your records, such as emails and network drive documents, that are not being captured to an alternative system of record.
RAMS allows you to securely manage and share information about the decisions, activities and transactions which have ongoing significance for the work and functioning of the University.
Why use RAMS?
- RAMS is one of the University’s primary systems of record.
- RAMS has been designed to manage your information; from the moment it’s created until the moment it’s no longer required
- RAMS is free to all University staff. It’s fully supported by UNSW IT and by Records & Archives staff
- RAMS is available as both a desktop application and through a zero-footprint web interface
- RAMS is easy to access through the cloud and easy to use, with additional classroom and online training available
- RAMS enables you to meet your recordkeeping responsibilities, quickly and easily
- RAMS protects your information from unauthorised access or accidental loss. If it’s in RAMS, it’s safe and secure
- RAMS can be directly integrated; into your business process, and with other business systems.